Today marks the one-year anniversary of our first post here at Knickerbocker Style & Design! In celebration we’ve selected our top ten favorite home vignettes for another look.
1. The boldest color story of the year had to be the rich warm hues of the “Autumn Eclectic” post with its opulent bohemian flair. The handmade pillows we crafted of vintage Schumacher fabric were tea dyed to gently tone down the bold saturated colors.
2. In “The Perfect Summer Color Scheme” we pulled from our collection of blue and white china for a display that looks as fresh and beautiful now in the middle of winter as it did then in the heat of summer.
3. In the “Eclectic Dessert Buffet” post we created one of our most romantic vignettes of the year with our prettiest floral china displayed among fresh cut flowers and candles.
4. The “Library Nook” post confirmed our love of books as both inspirational sources as well as decorative accessories. A mixture of intricate antique prints and porcelain accessories complete this charming yet elegant vignette.
5. The versatile old “Oak Sideboard” has appeared in several variations, here a few pieces of Chinese porcelain mingle with more eclectic décor while a unique selection of antique prints fill out the display.
6. Restraint went out the window with our “Holiday Hospitality” post featuring the sideboard dressed up in all its holiday finery, including a bar tray crammed with glistening cut crystal.
7. Setting the table was the focus of our “Dinner for Two” post where we raided the “butler’s pantry” for our finest crystal and glassware along with mixed and matched antique and vintage china from England, France, Germany, and Austria. Using a quilt as the tablecloth lent a charmingly informal air.
8. In the “Refurbished Curio Cabinet” post we shared the results of a simple DIY project that refreshed an outdated storage piece for our expanding art glass collection. Painting the dark curio the same color as the walls gave the look of a built-in while focusing attention on the jewel toned glass treasures within.
9. The “Cozy Chic Bedroom Corner” post featured one of our most eclectic vignettes with a charming mix of antique and vintage furniture and accessories ranging from the ethnic to the nautical with a dash of gilding and crystal thrown in for good measure.
10. “Playing with Shadow and Light” was the first vignette styled exclusively for the blog, and the creative freedom allowed here inspired the creation of every other post on this list. We hope you’ve enjoyed perusing our favorite posts as much as we enjoyed creating them, and as always be sure to check back soon to see what inspires us this year!
Photos, styling, and staging by KS&D.